Postal address*: Near Water Tank, Gondal Road,Rajkot, Gujarat. Pin: 360004
Fellowship available in*:
1) Phacofellowship as part of the ALCON Phaco Development Program for 3-6 weeks
2) Long term fellowship in Vitreo-Retina: for 15 months
3) Medical Retina fellowship for 6 months
4) Short term fellowship in management of Diabetic Retinopathy for 3 months
5) Long term comprehensive anterior segment fellowship for 12 months
No. of seats available*:
1) Phacofellowship as part of the ALCON Phaco Development Program: 2 per batch
2) Long term fellowship in Vitreo-Retina: for 15 months: 2 seats
3) Medical Retina fellowship for 6 months: 2 seats
4) Short term fellowship in management of Diabetic Retinopathy for 3 months: 1 seat
5) Long term comprehensive anterior segment fellowship: 2 seats
Time period*: As mentioned
Time of Selection*: January and September
Qualification*: Post MS/MD/DOMS/DNB
Selection procedure: interview
When to apply*: Through the year the applications are invited
Stipend*: Rs. 8000
Accomodation provided*: Yes
Hands on training (Short details):
There is a well equipped wet lab for both anterior and posterior segment surgeries. The trainee gets sufficient cases to have hands on training.
For Surgical training (SICS/Phaco/others), estimated number of cases will be given to the trainee*: In short term roughly 10 cases depending on the competency of the candidate.
Others: For Retinal fellowship the candidate has enough exposure to diagnosing and treating (including lasers and surgical management) retinal pathologies.